Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Glad He’s Gone


insolent: (noun) showing a rude and arrogant lack of respect

Through insolence comes nothing but strife,
But wisdom is with those who receive counsel.”
Proverbs 13:10


Have you ever met and dealt with an insolent person? I encountered a young soldier at Fort Dix who I cannot figure out how he made it that far in the Army. He was the rudest person I have ever met and we very shortly had to discharge him as undesirable and when he left the unit we had a “Glad He’s Gone” party. On the other hand, I think of the thousands of men and women I met who showed the proper respect not only for the rank but just as people needing to get along with one another to get the mission done.

Remember this: seek forgiveness for any rude behavior, even if it was unintentional. Being rude is never right.

No comments:

Post a Comment